A notable landmark on Gt Western Rd with it’s high, slim steeple. An offshoot of the Cambridge Street which opened in 1834 to serve the Cowcaddens area. At that time there were few buildings to the west of Cambridge Street .
As the West End developed a church was required in that location for their wealthier members , who moved to Lansdowne along with their minister Rev John Eadie in 1863. The architect was John Honeyman.
Due to the extensive repairs now required for the building, the congregation has vacated the building and merged with Kelvin Stevenson. Four Acres Trust has become involved and is currently seeking funding to transform the building, as happened with the former Hyndland St church, now Cottiers.
It is also hoped to restore the collection of stained glass windows by Alf Webster.